Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Explaining My Interests

My main interest is my Guinea Pig. I have had her since November and I love her very much. I am always finding new things for her to play with and new things to do for her. I like to take care of people and especially animals and knowing that when I go home every day she will be there for me to take care of her. Watching out for people and animals is something that I've always done, I have had a bird since I was six years old and have been taking care of him up until two years ago when I had to put him down because of an illness. Those two years that I didn't have my bird to take care of were very boring to me, I felt like I was missing something in my life and it was a pet. When I got Heidi (my guinea pig) the whole in my heart was instantly filled. I have had nothing but good experiences with her. I have never had a Guinea Pig before and knew nothing about them so when I fist got her I had a lot to learn. I love learning about things that I am interested in. I know now more about Guinea Pigs now than I ever have before. All the different types of fruits & vegetables that they can eat are something that I like to learn about, how to properly care for them, types of bedding, and so much more. There are many things that a person can learn about a subject but it is so much more interesting and fun when it is about something that you love. When I got Heidi, I started out with regular shredded wood shavings. They were relatively costly and I was determined to find a different way of bedding for her. I eventually learned about the fleece bedding method. You take a sheet of fleece, fit it to the size of their cage and then put some sort of absorbent layer under that. I purchased 3 yards of fleece for 40 cents on amazon and found old towels in my home for the absorbent lay underneath and have been using those since I've had her. I love fleece, it is very neat looking and the shredded bedding was not, it is such a money saver and I would recommend it to anyone with a Guinea Pig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment