Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Explanatory Synthesis Notes

My first source explains how he discovered the science of body language and the types of ideas he formed about body language. I felt that this would be considered a credible source because where do you start with something when you want to explain all of it? The beginning. His different ideas felt important to me because it is useful to know where it all began and how his ideas and conceptions changed over time as more and more people became interested in the idea of body language.

My second source was very useful because there was more information on the types of studies she held and more information on what she did and does specifically compared to the first source, who is quite a bit older than her. Her ideas were more personal because she related them back to her own life as a beginner college student who was just in a terrible car accident leaving her with severe head trauma and doctors that didn't ever think that she would be able to get to where she is now. The phrase that she lived by in her beginning years as a college student were "fake it until you make it". This quote was very important to her and it can be very relatable. It is something that many people can do. The other things that she discussed were how to make yourself more confident by making your body physically bigger (stretching out, hands on hips, not crouched). I tried doing this myself and it worked, I felt more confident and less stressed out, and it only took two minutes.

Both of my sources are very valuable to me because there are multiple spots in my essay where I can insert their information or cite them. They are very successful people who have a lot under their belt therefore I believe that their information is valid and should be taken in to consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment